Try these sites:
Official CBS S6 site
Is no more.
Click here if you must.
56, Valencia, CA
San Francisco State, 1964-1966.
- Marine Corps service in Vietnam, 1966.
- B.S., Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
- Member, USA Adventure Racing.
- Audition video
- CBS intro (pre-game) video
|January 19, 2003||- Not much new, nor anything not already included in his CBS bio (again, CBS declined to comment for the article), but a possible source for future local press.||- LA Daily News.|
|January 14, 2003||- "Roger Sexton, a 56-year-old vice president of a construction company and a Vietnam vet, was born and raised in Oakland, where he graduated from high school in 1964. He lives in Valencia but still lists the Raiders and the A's as his favorite sports teams. He is an avid mountain and adventure biker. In the initial episode, Sexton describes his fellow competitors as 'good looking, macho guys who aren't going to lose to a bunch of women because then we are going to get ragged on big time.'"||- The Argus.|
|January 13, 2003||Manuel
Mendoza's pre-game quotes and impressions:
- "Initial impression: Tough exterior. Distinctions: Served in Vietnam, where his best friend was killed. Lost 16-year-old daughter to viral pneumonia in 1992."
- "Who are you? 'What you see is what you get. I'm a very intense individual, very competitive and at the same time very emotional. I hate to lose, and I'm here to win at whatever cost. I'm a wise old man and a deceptive one. But I'll play dirty in a nice way. The other contestants will not know that I'm playing dirty.'"
- "On his chances: 'If I get put with a kid who's a jerk, I'll just go off. ... There's never been a guy who's a leader, a true leader, who's won.'"
|- Dallas Morning News.|
|May 19, 2001||- Part of a fourth-place Masters Division team in the Hi-Tec adventure race in Los Angeles. (Potential future Eco-Challenge contestant?)||- CoolRunning.com.|
|April 16, 2001||- Finished second (in a field of six) among men 55+ in the California State Cross Country Championship Series cycling race, at Castaic Lake.||- Mesp.com.|
|April, 2000||- Finished 45th among men 45-54 in the Sea Otter Classic cross-country bicycle race, in Monterrey, California. (Interestingly, a Robert Vanden Berghe from Santa Cruz beat him).||- Sea Otter Classic past results.|