Try these sites:
Official CBS S6 site
Is no more.
Click here if you must.
27, Houston, TX
|- B.A., University of Texas, Austin.||-
- Audition video
- CBS intro (pre-game) video
|January 14, 2003||- Jeff Probst quote: "The way Daniel portrayed himself to us was as the great Asian hope," Jeff Probst, Survivor host, told the Chronicle. "He said, `You guys have not portrayed Asians correctly yet, and I'm going to do it.' I think what describes him best is that he's a self-proclaimed 98-pound weakling who transformed his body into sort of a bodybuilder, and he's really proud of that. He thinks that will give him a big advantage, having the will power to accomplish something like that."||- Houston Chronicle.|
|January 13, 2003||Manuel
Mendoza's pre-game quotes and impressions (italics ours):
- " Initial impression: Eager. Distinction: Worked at Arthur Andersen."
- "Who are you? 'I wanted to be the first Asian guy on the show. In the media, we're bookworms, we can't drive straight, we own Laundromats. I wanted to show the truth. We can be bold and adventurous. We can be good looking and muscular.'"
- "On the his former job: 'I'm used to being surrounded by rats and snakes. The biggest difference is in the jungle the snakes are a lot less slimy.'"
- "Post-Survivor show-biz prospects: 'Being on Survivor is not automatically going to give me a role in a TV show or movie. Anybody who thinks that is lying to themselves. But I would like to do acting or hosting because TV is the best way to reach people. I might as well step up and be the hero.'"
|- Dallas Morning News.|
|January 11, 2003||- Reality News Online updates their previous article, in which they profiled Daniel as a contender for MTV's Tough Enough reality-wrestling show. Daniel quote from that era: "In the ten years of MTV reality shows such as Real World and Road Rules, there has not been an Asian-American guy in the cast. There really isn't anyone on TV that Asian American guys can relate to. I will be that person."||- Reality News Online.|