Try these sites:
Official CBS S6 site
Is no more.
Click here if you must.
24, Eldon, MO
|- B.A., Drury University, 2002.||-
- Audition video
- CBS intro (pre-game) video
|March 5, 2003||-
Milkshaky brings his Heidi spoiling to the finish line:
"I have information... that leads me to believe with 99.9% certainty that Heidi Strobel gets the boot on on May 1st, Episode 11.
Edited to add: I am very very very very certain about this. I would say 100%, but I want to leave a bit of wiggle room.....but let's just say it is from a very very very reliable source."
|- SurvivorSucks EZ spoilers.|
|February 6, 2003||- Article
talking to almost everyone Heidi has ever met, including her father, mother,
boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, and youngest sister, former teachers, friends...
everyone, it seems, except her middle sister, Dawn... with whom she is
pictured twice in the article (hmmmmm). Extensive insight into Heidi's
personality, even if the headline does call her "Heidi Shobel".
- Quote from her mom: "Heidis philosophy in life is: 'You bite off more than you can chew and then you spit the rest out.'"
- Quote from her youngest sister: "She doesnt take crap and she got that from Dad."
- "Strobel initially auditioned for The Amazing Race with Beth Knight, a physical education teacher at Lebanon High School and Strobels supervisor during her last semester of student teaching. 'One day we were talking about what had happened the night before on one of the shows and she said, "Hey, lets do it,"' Knight says. 'She did the paperwork. Heidi did the legwork.' When The Amazing Race fell through, Strobel turned her attention to Survivor."
- "In high school, Strobel was a member of the cross-country team and Fellowship of Christian Athletes and served as a National Honor Society officer and vice president of Buffalos student council. She also was voted best personality."
- Quote from ex-boyfriend: "A couple of years ago she was hit by a car - a hit and run. She was pretty banged up - cut up, limping. I had to take her to the hospital. The doctor told her she had to stay off her feet (for several weeks). The next day, she tried running. She maybe made it a block and came back. I told her to listen to the doctor. But two days later she was out there again. This time she made it a few blocks. Thats her main love, running. She was hurt that she couldnt run."
- "Instead of a birthday party, Dugas will be hosting a Survivor premiere party next week and is printing up T-shirts that read 'Heidis #1 Fan' on the front and has the Survivor: Amazon logo on the back."
|- Springfield News-Leader. Thanks, Griffe!|
|January 26, 2003||- Yet another brief local news article, possible future feature source.||- Jefferson City News-Tribune Online.|
|January 14, 2003||- Grandfather describes her as "extremely intelligent... pretty athletic... and very focused."||- Springfield News-Leader.|
|January 14, 2003||- "Probst calls Strobel 'a wolf in sheep's clothing,' adding that 'she just looks like a pretty girl, but she's a tiger. She's an athlete. She says in the beginning that the guys have no idea how tough she is.'" (Although we note that in her Early Show intro, she complained that the lack of a beach environment and inability to bathe in the river really freaked her out).||- St. Louis Post-Dispatch.|
|January 14, 2003||- Listed with Janet as one of two Missouri contestants (included as a potential future press location).||- KansasCity.com.|
|January 14, 2003||- Listed with Janet and Butch as one of three Missouri-area contestants (included as a potential future press location).||- 101.1 WVRV "The River"|
|January 13, 2003||- Short story covering her Missouri background (mostly culled from CBS profile; also a possible source for future local press).||- KOLR 10 TV, Springfield, MO|
|January 13, 2003||Manuel
Mendoza's pre-game quotes and impressions:
- "Initial impression: Sweet, athletic. Distinctions: Applied for The Amazing Race. Doesn't drink alcohol. Marathon runner."
- "Who are you? 'I'm very sweet and caring and loving and nurturing. But then I'm also a coach and an athlete. So I've got this whole other competitive side to me.'"
- "Strategy: 'Go in like a lamb and come out like a wolf. If I was just myself, I would just constantly be goofy and nice. But I have a very game face.'"
- "Post-Survivor show-biz prospects: 'If they ever offered me anything where I would be able to make people laugh or really touch them, I would love to do it. Acting comes naturally to me. I'm really good at getting into people's emotions and their heads.'"
|- Dallas Morning News.|
|January 11, 2003||- Jeff Probst quote in the hard copy edition of TV Guide: "She's that cute little girl -- [with] a saber in her back pocket."||-TV Guide.|