Try these sites:
Official CBS S6 site
Is no more.
Click here if you must.
24, Basalt, CO
|- Gallaudet University, 2000.||-
- Audition video
- CBS intro (pre-game) video
|January 23, 2003||- From
mercedes' post at Siii:
"A ski instructor I know from Snowmass saw Christy a few days ago and said that she had lost a substantial amount of weight. He also said that their conversation led him to believe that she attends several T's (she also spoke in plural and suggested it got easier with time) and that she makes the merge or switch if there is one (exact quote: 'Everyone was really understanding -- especially the women')."
|- Realiiity.com poster mercedes.|
|January 16, 2003||- "Host
Jeff Probst says Smith was asked in her final interview if she thought
it was fair to put her on Survivor. 'She thought about it and said: "No,
but life's not fair." And that sort of summed up her approach to
the show,' Probst says. 'Without question, she'll be at a disadvantage.'"
- "As an example, Probst notes that at night when contestants are seated around a campfire, Smith would be unable to read lips. 'She may be out of luck in situations like that,'Probst adds. 'We decided that this is supposed to be a show about 16 people getting along together. This person happens to be deaf. Yeah, it will be tough for her, but I think it will be a good experience for her and, hopefully, for the other people to know what it's like to go that extra mile when you're really competing against somebody.'"
|- Dusty Saunders column, (Denver) Rocky Mountain News.|
|January 13, 2003||Manuel
Mendoza's pre-game quotes and impressions:
- "Initial impression: Shy yet confident and open."
- "Strategy: 'If I make me not understanding a big issue, then I'm going to be voted off. Basically, I'm going to have to nod my head a lot and pretend I know what's going on. They're not going to learn right off the bat how to communicate with me.'"
|- Dallas Morning News.|
|January 11, 2003||- TV Guide (hard copy) synopsis: "Fear factor: 'The challenge of communication.'"||- TV Guide.|
|January 11, 2003||ChillOne's
extensive spoiler thread at EZ reveals potential twists, early
boot order, and final four:
- Final four are "the deaf girl" (Christy), "Jenna or Jeanne", "a big guy, 26" and "another guy, 50." Deduced boot order: Christy (F4).
|- ChillOne's thread at EZ.|
|Summer, 2002||- Served as "Adventure coordinator" at Aspen Camp School for the Deaf.||- Aspen Camp web site.|
|March 6 , 2000||- Interned at Georgia Men's State Prison for a semester, while majoring in Criminology and Sociology at Gallaudet University.||- Gallaudet press.|