Notes: Standard, almost non-existent scoring. Although it's interesting that, thanks to having one more IC win than JT, Stephen has a decent lead in SurvAv at this point. But we should note two odd things here:
- Compared to recent seasons, production went out of their way to make everyone as happy as possible with the family visit. Letting all six contestants spend time with their loved ones, with the only downside for Taj being that she has to go to Exile Island? (Where, in production logic, she might find an idol/clue?) Wow. Not exactly the cold-blooded Caramoan loved ones daggering. As always, though, it doesn't count as a challenge.
- Despite spending a lot of time setting up the Debbie boot during the episode, the editing of Tribal Council itself was superb. From the emphasis on the jurors' mocking of Coach, to not showing any of the Debbie votes as they were cast, to also laying the groundwork for a possible Coach boot during the episode, there was a viable and plausible-seeming alternative ending in which Coach was booted, instead of Debbie.
- Debbie received 4 votes, from JT, Stephen, Erinn, and Taj (voted out, 4-1-1).
- Coach received 1 vote, from Debbie.
- Taj received 1 vote, from Coach.