Notes: An interesting, multi-stage immunity challenge cobbled together from pieces of US challenges. Somewhat less interesting for Nate and Jak, who get shamed by Matt Chisholm for pointing out that the second stage is ridiculously unfair to non-skinny people. And why did Survivor NZ do all these digging stages in the wet sand on the beach, instead of the dry sand, as U.S. versions always do? That looked painful (a complaint also mocked by Matt).
- Challenge note: As you can see from her MPF, Shannon is far and away the biggest challenge threat not already sitting on Redemption Island. Nobody yet seems to realize that, instead focusing on her strategic moves. We'll see how that turns out.
- Bonus challenge note: As Colin Stone flagged the last time it was used in the U.S., the final-stage puzzle is a routinely used one, which is fairly simple to practice at home, look up solutions for, and memorize. You don't have to be "good at puzzles."
- Sala received 4 votes, from Barb, Jak, Shannon, and Tom (voted out, 4-3-1).
- Jak received 3 votes, from Avi, Sala, and Shay.
- Shannon received 1 vote, from a freelancing Nate.