- The vote steal - Akiva Wienerkur raised a great point on twitter: the vote steal "advantage" fundamentally changes the Tribal Council scoring. Initially, we just gave Stephen credit for a missed vote (0 VFB, 1 TCA), as well as Joe. But Joe didn't get to cast a vote, while Stephen was able to cast two. So it should be 0 VFB, 2 TCA for Stephen, and 0 VFB, 0 TCA for Joe.
- Mean % Finish note - when multiple people tie for one spot, the M%F is calculated from their average placement. So in the reward challenge, Kelley, Tasha, Keith & Jeremy were all tied for fourth place, with three medallions each. Their points are then the midpoint of (6-5-4-3), or 4.5/9. Similar scoring was used in the immunity challenge, where Tasha and Kimmi each had one block on the third tier, to tie for sixth place.
- The immunity loss grabbed the headlines, but Joe had multiple challenge win streaks broken in this episode, much of them in the "Folklore" RC. There, Joe finished eighth (with just 2 medallions, ahead of only Kimmi), breaking both his individual challenge win streak and his overall post-merge challenge win streak. In fact, to this point, he'd only lost one challenge overall this season, the oiled-up ring toss one... in which Joe performed well personally, but in which a certain Stephen Fishbach blew Joe's tribe's chances by losing to Kass. So it's fitting that Stephen also ended Joe's streak here. Eighth is also Joe's all-time worst finish, which previously had been his fourth-place showing in his final Worlds Apart immunity challenge. Then, of course, Joe just barely fell short of extending his immunity challenge win streak.
Vote count: (*Note that Joe did not vote, due to Stephen's advantage)
- Stephen received 4 votes, from Spencer, Keith(!), Kelley, and Abi (voted out, 4-3-2).
- Abi received 3 votes, from Stephen, Tasha, and Kimmi.
- Joe received 2 votes, from Jeremy and Stephen (who split his two advantage votes between Abi and Joe).